Discouraged by waiting on God's timing

I thought I would share my yesterday...... 
  
The past 4 nights both girls have been waking up at all hours of the night, crying and screaming and about the time I get one to sleep the other wakes up. The only thing I can figure out is that we all have a head cold and maybe they keep waking up miserable with it. They also went from sleeping 2 hours during the day to only sleeping maybe 45 min - 1 hr.  Needless to say yesterday after only sleeping 4 hours all night it wasn't looking to be the best day already. I had a Dr. appointment at 8 AM (didn't get back to sleep till 6:30 and had to get up at 7am) to check my progress. After that I went to McDonald's. I was in the drive thru when I saw this lady with the "look" make eye contact with me and she started walking toward my van. I (without thinking about it) shook my head No, stopped eye contact and locked the van doors. In Niger some of the beggars, or children will come to your window and beg for money. You usually shake your head no, say God Bless You or something about Jesus, stop making eye contact and then they will go on to the next car.  So I didn't even think about doing the same thing in the USA until I had already done it. The lady walked up to my passenger door and started trying to get in my van, then she tried the sliding door, then she went to the back hatch, then she came back to window and started knocking then beat on the window. She followed my van all the way to the cashier window still trying to get in and kept following me until I got to my food. I told the window clerk about it because the lady then proceeded to do it to the people behind me. Found out she goes on and off her psychotic medicines and they have had problems with her before. So please pray for this lady she doesn't need to be wandering around McDonald's parking lot trying to get into cars with random strangers and she needs to be somewhere safe for her. 
Then yesterday I started having stronger contractions, back pain, and one sided strong pains about 11am. I stayed off my feet as much as possible, laid on my side, drank water and all the normal things to do (with the twins extremely ill and clingy from not feeling good).  By 4:30 pm with no relief and some other things happening I finally called the Dr office and ended up going to L&D. Got there, and found out nothing was happening or progressing or anything.....as a nurse I felt like an idiot for going to the hospital and being one of "those" patients. However after my placenta detached with the first pregnancy and having some of the same symptoms I was concerned. All and all it was a frustrating and emotionally discouraging day yesterday. I am very thankful for my momma. She came and sat with the girls so we could go to the hospital and then stayed last night and got up with the girls so I could get some much needed sleep. She was exhausted when she left this morning so pray for her today. 
  
As I was praying last night, one Bible verse came to my mind that I learned as a child.  
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.- Philippians 4:13.  (God give me strength!) 
Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Romans 12:12 
  
So now I am sitting at home, praying for patience, praying that God will protect my baby and believing nothing will happen like it did last time, praying for God to help me when I am hurting to still show love (I get very aggravated when I am hurting and then find out I hurt for no reason), to give me strength, and praying the twins and I will get over this head cold so I can go back to sleeping at night. Pray for the people in Niger and for the missionaries there also. We miss all of you! 
  
Thanks and God Bless! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh