The Snake

April 9, 2019

The kids and I were walking today when I spotted a 5 ft black snake head raised, slithing toward the pavilion. I grabbed Elia, watched it, walked around and continued my walk with my kids. I warned others of the possible danger but didnt think about it again. A year ago, I would've screamed, ran inside and got my trusty shotgun and blew it to smithereens. However after living in "nature" environments for the last couple of months, the rangers don't take kindly to an imposter Ella Mae Clampitt shooting their protected critters, so I had to conquer my fear.
Spiritually, we should be no different. As we grow in our walk with God, we should conquer our fears, trust God, and continue on our path. We should warn others of learned snares/dangers along the path. Satan would love to freeze you in fear. Watch out for his snares, open your eyes to your surroundings so that when a snare comes, you can see it, walk around it and continue on your walk with God.
Isaiah 24:17-18 KJV
Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth. [18] And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh