Seeds - July 22, 2022

I planted a lot of seeds, thanks to our landlady for providing me with everything I needed. I was gone last week and when I got back I noticed things I had overlooked before, like how much growth had occurred in my absence and how some weren't growing. It rained the week I was gone so nobody had to water or tend them in my absense. Tuesday, I pulled weeds, cut grass and I pulled out the no growth ones and used their soil to transport the "babies" to a bigger pot.
We are called to throw seeds of the gospel, some grow and some don't. Sometimes we may be inclined to keep pouring water on something that isn't even growing just because we can't see in real time and we really do want to help. Sometimes in our absence they grow more by heavenly rain than our water hose. Sometimes we need to walk away and focus more on the ones wanting to grow more. Sometimes we might just be drowning them in doctrine and they don't even know what to do. And sometimes we may be watering and growing something that isnt good and will hurt us later.
We need to take a step back and pray more, stop letting life push us this way or that, examine what we are doing and then see where God wants us to go next. If we use all our energy on multiple things those things only get a small percentage if our time but if we re-evaluate and use our time on what God wants then we will see things grow.
Emily Frank, Isaac Cayer and 5 others
2 Shares
Like
Comment
Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh