October 28, 2010

Thoughts of a weak person who is made strong by JESUS CHRIST


So this morning I woke up homesick and missing my family like crazy. I keep telling myself that it is almost November and then it will be December and then my love will be here with me for a season then I will be home shortly after that. I remember God is my strength and that is how I get up out of bed each day and go through the day. If it wasn’t for GOD I couldn’t do this on my own. Anyways today, I had two people tell me I needed to be with my husband. One went so far as to tell me that God told her. Then said maybe I should leave and save the money God had raised for me until Michael could come back with me. That God was giving me a sign with the malaria and then went on to say that, the Zerma team may not be what God wants and that he was stopping it (which I don’t believe). She also said that people blame the devil but God does things too. And that I didn’t need to do what I wanted to do but what God wanted me to do. I was dumb founded and in my spirit, I knew this wasn’t right.

1. I don’t believe God is stopping the Zerma team, I believe the devil is trying to destroy the team because he is their “king” right now and he doesn’t like anybody interfering with his home zone.

2. I know God told me to be here for 9 months and he miraculously provided the money for 9 months and in less than 7 weeks. That’s God and that has nothing with the devil’s name on it.

3. The miracles that took place for me to end up in Niger spell out GOD. The devil doesn’t perform miracles.

4. God didn’t tell my husband to come to Niger and unless God tells him then my husband is going to continue in his ministry with Fresh Anointing.

5. I don’t want to be away from my husband and my family, and if I was doing what I wanted to do, I wouldn’t be in Niger all alone. No offense but I would have picked somewhere that wasn’t boiling hot, has malaria filled mosquitoes, that doesn’t speak English and that had a Chickfila or Mcdonald’s but God sent me here and therefore I am here.

6. Yes I’ve had malaria twice but I don’t feel like that is my sign from God to go home or else he would have spoken and said GO HOME.

7. My supervisors left but I didn’t have to beg anyone to stay or ask someone else to please take me as a volunteer - without my being involved that was resolved without my knowledge and it has worked out for God’s purpose.

8. After praying and reading my Bible this afternoon - God said, “Stay”.


Every day is a trial lately. A trial to stay well and have energy to do the basic days work but God gives me strength and I am able to do it. A trial to fight against the devil and the negative thoughts he seems to stir up in my brain. I started reading “Essentials of Spiritual Warfare: Equipped to win the battle” by A. Scott Moreau and it has helped me realize some tricks of the devil. He will use the spirit of discouragement and doubt to make us stop working for God. As long as we have self-pity, God can’t use us.

So pray for me as the battle is getting harder and the devil is hitting me close to home but I know God sent me here and in Christ is my confidence!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh