Pregnancy

Sometimes God throws us a curve ball in our daily walk with him and it makes us go...wow where did that come from? I just gave up on that "dream" not two months earlier and now after 10 years of marriage it is going to happen when I gave up? Yes, that happened to me this past summer. After 10 years of marriage to my bestest best friend I had all but given up on the thought of having children. Why? Because I turned the big 30 in July and I decided I would just go back to general surgeon school and work in Africa as a surgeon one day and thought that was the path God was going to open up for me. 9 days after my birthday I get the "OMG" moment when the pregnancy stick turned immediately pregnant...Now after 10 years I have taken many many tests and I had never had one that showed pregnant. So of course, I think it is a fluke...2 additional pregnancy test that had the "pregnant -spelled out for dummies" later and lots of shock and then the realization of it wasn't a dream started to settle in. Potential due date: April 2013.



Then came the hard thing to do...tell Michael. Michael loves kids but he hasn't want children at all since we have been married. So needless to say, we had a few tense and trying moments in our relationship but God answered many prayers and now I think he is going to be an amazing and awesome Daddy :) We got another surprise in August/September when we found out we were expanding from a family of three to a family of four! I found out I was having identical twins....We found out in October we were having twin girls.... double blessings from heaven :)


Now I think I have caught everyone up who didn't realize I was pregnant or having twin girls. Right now, I am on bed rest and I am 25 weeks. I started having uterine irritability about 2 weeks ago and have been going back and forth to the high-risk clinic each week to monitor my girls. I have realized that over the past two weeks that money is not that important. The most important thing for me to do right now is be the best mommy I can be to these two little girls and the best wife I can be to my super supportive husband. I realize even if I am not the bed rest type that it is not about me but these two little babies. As they move around and I watch my belly grow bigger and bigger and feel them kicking inside me I just can't help but imagine how it will be once they are here. I hope Mike and I are ready for this new chapter that is being written in our lives. With God's guidance, I know we will be :)

The Naming Game

I now understand the baby name game....meaning I know now how stressful and meaningful it truly is. I have helped some of my friends look for names for their children without really knowing how important it was to that parent. However once I begin the tedious and tiring researching of names I realized some important things:
  1. The meaning of the name is more important than the way the name sounds. Some names have horrible meanings but they sound nice.
  2. The names that I picked from childhood no longer apply when you have a husband that vetoes every one of those names.
  3. I want my children to have names that define them and that have a powerful meaning. Also that are extremely unique.
  4. I had to analyze the rhyming game and the initial game and pick names that wouldn't cause my poor girls to run the bathroom crying because I decided to name one Beans (from Rango) and the other one Ann....yeah not a good duo at all...ha ha.....ps those names were suggested to me due to my last name.
  5. Some of the best meaning names I can't pronounce....
  6. Family will always tell you the truth about a name....
  7. My husband knows someone from 5th grade who use to be hot so I can't name either of our daughters that name....TRUE story.
  8. My husband is my worst name critic.

Yes very hard. I think I looked at a couple of hundred names. I finally found a few Michael liked but he didn’t think any of them matched well with the other one. We found a few names we liked but after introducing them some of the family and them coming up with different pronunciations of them and rhyming names with them we have almost decided to change them....Here are the new improved names we are pretty much sold on now though…


1st Girl Born
First Name: Eleora (Origination: Hebrew) - meaning: The Lord is my Light
Middle Name: Hope
http://www.babynamescountry.com/meanings/Eleora.html



          
2nd Girl
First name: Elisea (Origination: Hebrew) - meaning: God is salvation
Middle Name: Faith
http://www.babynamescountry.com/meanings/Elisea.html




The first names were inspired by my life verse - Psalms 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

The middle names were inspired by this verse - 1 Corinthians 13:13
And now abides faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.



The other name we still like alot is : Neria (Origin: Hebrew) - meaning: Burning Light of God.....
so we haven't fully decided on the names but I think at this period of time that they might be Eleora Hope and Elisea Faith......so go ahead and learn how to pronounce them ha ha :)

Praises: I'm thankful for my supportive, loving and caring husband and for all that he has endured by me these past few months. I'm thankful for my best friends and family for their support. I thank God for two healthy little girls :)


Prayer Requests:

  • Pray for me to have a safe and long pregnancy and for healthy little girls
  • Pray for guidance for Mike and I as we become parents
  • Pray for our close friends Ben and Melissa Stokes and for their little baby's health
  • Pray for a family member of a friend who just buried her little twin girls
  • Pray for all the parents who lost their children in the CT shooting
  • Pray for all the lost souls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh