The Miracles of the Lord = Eleora and Elisea


April 4, 2013





Wow alot has changed since my last blog. My precious little angels were born March 7, 2013. The story of their birth is my new testimony. But first I would like to thank all the labor and delivery nurses and doctors at University of South Alabama in Mobile, Dr. David Lewis from the high risk clinic in Mobile, and for the labor and delivery nurses at ARH. But lets go backwards for a minute........

February 25, 2013 - After a whole weekend of cramping and not feeling just right I met Mike at the door. He had been working out of town all weekend. We started counting contractions and then decided to go to the local hospital. On arrival, we found out I was having real contractions and had just started to dilate. We had some great nurses who worked fast and were able to stop my labor by giving me three shots of brethine. Mike and I got to go home after the last shot seemed to slow down my contractions. I kept cramping throughout the next few days so I started finalizing some stuff like washing their little clothes and finishing up packing Mike's hospital bag.


February 28, 2013- Mike and I had a Dr. appointment with my high risk doctor in Mobile. We explained everything that had happened on Monday and while performing the ultrasound they discovered my fluid was down on baby B (Elisea) and I was admitted to USA of Mobile. The Dr. said I would probably just be in till Saturday and then get to go home if everything came back ok. I was given fluids and had to perform a 24 hour urine test. In the mean time I was very happy that our hospital bags had been packed in the car for the past 2 weeks and that morning I packed my pillow and Mike put his bag in the car "just in case" so we were prepared to spend the next few nights at the hospital. The best bag it seemed that I packed was our snack bag where I had everything from snacks to Ramen noodles, to Tonka powder from Niger, ginger ale and change for the vending machines….yes I am an overachiever but it was much appreciated by my hubby ;)


March 1, 2013 - My urine results came back...I was diagnosed with Pre-Eclampsia. Mike and I had already suspected it but it still was discouraging to hear. My blood pressure normally runs 90/50's and lately it had been running 130-140's systolic and 80-90's diastolic. We were told that we would not be going home and I would be staying on bed rest at the hospital until I delivered. Now the ones of you who know Mike and I know we don't sit still very well. But we did survive ;) Mike educated me on The Star Wars Movies and I actually understood them for the first time. It was a good week of relaxing and spending time with Mike before the girls arrived. I continued to have contractions and cramping for the next few days but no changes in dilation.


March 6, 2013 - I woke up with a pounding Migraine headache :( Contractions started again, and I was moved downstairs and placed on monitors due to possible complications from the pre-eclampsia......my little angels didn't like the monitors very much and moved most of the time....my sweet nurse came in about every 5 minutes and replaced them..By that night I had dilated to 1 cm. So far so good. I didn't want an epidural until I had to have one (because I like to think I am Hercules at times *S*).


March 7, 2013 (5:30am'ish) - I have been awake for awhile. The contractions are getting stronger but I’m still not dilating. I turned on my left side and then felt a gush of fluid. The nurse happened to be in the room since the twins weren't staying on the monitor and I told her I thought my water had broken. She checked me and told me it was blood and went and got the attending doctor. (Thank God for training hospitals that have physicians on site). The doctor checked me and a few seconds later told me I was going in for an emergency c-section due to a placenta abruption. Mike was sleeping on the couch and before he had a chance to get up they had already started wheeling me down to the OR. I remember getting really cold and feeling dizzy during this time. I got to the OR and heard a nurse say the girls heart rates were 80 and 90. I instantly got scared and placed my hands on my belly and started praying to God to save my babies. I got placed on the operating table and looked up to see the bright lamp right over me and I started thinking about all the movies where that is the last thing someone sees before they die. I got oxygen placed over my mouth and remember them throwing the blue sterile cloth over my belly and covered everything except my head. A nurse said “its ok you are going to be ok”. I told her to save my babies. At this point I didn't care about me all I could think of was I can't lose these babies. We had come so far with God’s help and I just needed Him to save them.....someone told me my arm was going to burn and I remember feeling burning intense pain in my arm and then I remember looking at the light again.....


March 7, 2013 (around lunch) - Mike was talking to me but he was far away sounding. I remember asking about the girls and found out they were ok. My blood pressure was 158/105 and I remember feeling intense pain in my stomach. Most of the rest of the day I don't remember since I didn't have the normal c-section anesthesia but was knocked out.....around 2:30 they brought the girls in to see me. I can’t explain the emotions I felt when I held them for the first time or when Mike came and we held our children together. They even weighed 5 pounds 2.8 ounces and 5 pounds 2 ounces :) Such miracles, everything about this pregnancy was a miracle.....the only complication from the placenta abruption is that Eleora has slight anemia but we are giving her iron drops and she sleeps on with an apnea monitor and we are believing in her healing.


April 4, 2013 - The girls are 28 days old today. Looking back I see how much God had everything in place. If we hadn't been at the hospital already what would have happened if we had tried to drive the 2 hours to Mobile....Myself and the girls probably wouldn't have made it. If we had tried to drive to Andalusia what might have happened while waiting for the OR team and Dr. to get called in? God had us exactly where we needed to be for his timing and his purpose. I can't begin to thank everyone enough for all the prayers and support during the pregnancy. I can't begin to thank God enough for giving me two little girls. Today we weighed them again and they weigh 6 pounds 15 ounces and 7 pounds 3 ounces. God is so so good :)



Psalms 27


1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (My life Verse)
2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.
5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.
7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.
9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh