The Keys


The Keys:

Last week the keys to my truck got locked in. Epic fail on my part. Small children running around shutting doors, baby crying to get free to monkey crawl after crazy brother and sisters. It makes it hard to keep things together sometimes. When you lock your keys in your car, everything kinda freezes. Your plans are shot, you get a little anxious or upset, you have to figure out who to call to help or attempt to open the door yourself, and everything about the next 30min-1hr are focused on looking through your window at your key. Then someone comes to your rescue, you get your keys back, and life resumes and an hour later it is like it never happened. Anybody feels me?

So let's do the Stacey-o-logy that I do.

Life is fast, we go at our own pace, never slow down until something causes time to stand still. Then what do we do, cry out to help from Jesus. He is a 911 call. We only call out to him when there is trouble. He helps us, delivers us and then off we go again until we need help again then we stop and call Him again and dismiss Him afterwards...Vicious cycle. I use to be like that, it was a meaningless relationship. He was my Savior, well when I wanted Him to be. But only when nobody else was around, and it didn't interfere with what I wanted to do. It was a miserable, lonely life that I tried to fake as happy to everyone on the outside. And I just didn't want to slow down enough to examine myself because that meant dealing with pain, hurt, anger, and disappointment in myself. Anybody else feel like perfection = good enough or loved? I am so glad that God broke that bondage from my life.

Jesus is so much more than a temp rescue worker. He is the entire rescue team. He will free you, heal you and deliver you from all the wrecks in your life. He will restore you. He is your Father, Saviour, Comforter, Best Friend, Encourager, Someone I can be myself with and talk to honestly, someone I can cry to without being judged, the only person I can be truly myself with because I know He loves me despite my faults and failures. Someone who died for me and loves me despite all the times I only loved Him when it was convenient for me. He is always there for me, and when I don't trust anyone else I can trust him 100%.

I'm so glad I woke up to find a real relationship with Him, what about you? Cry out to the one who counts your tears, He is there to listen to you. Life is short, turn to the One who holds eternity.

Psalm 56:8 King James Version (KJV)

Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh