Defined in Christ

At the age of 14ish, I started a Christian school after being homeschooled for 5 years. I was taken out of school and homeschooled because a random incurable disease called morphea showed up randomly at that time in my life. The kids treated me different because of it and stress made it spread. When I first started school I met some girls that would wind up being my best friends throughout high school. They didnt care about my skin or how i looked, they were great friends.
About 2.5 years ago, a girl with green and blue hair walked into a Baptist church. Most of the church didnt know anything about her. She did get some looks but hey she had weird hair, you know  But many in the church said hi and were friendly. The Pastor and his wife even took her family out to lunch after service. Their kindness meant more than they knew. She had just been told earlier that month she couldn't carry her child full term because it could kill her and the baby. The church rallied around her and prayed with her through a scary time in her life. The green hair didnt matter, love was shown when she needed it most. And the baby girl lived through and is just fine.
I just am realizing something the past few months and really realizing in my mind.
Diseases do NOT define us. Do not let a disease become your identity. Pain is not who you are. It is something that is attacking you to steal your hope and joy but it is not who you are. Morphea is not my identity. It is not my morphea it is just morphea. Stop putting "my" in front of your disease. That is not your anything. If you are saved, your identity is IN CHRIST everything else is just a thing that tries to hurt your identity.
Your situation doesn't define you. Your identity is IN Christ.
Live and walk forward in your true identity and not in the shadow of a false replica.
Galatians 2:20 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh