Niger Africa Update - March 18, 2010

Greetings :)


March 18 2010 - Well I have felt God's hand gently guiding me more this past month than ever before. I showed Mike last night everyone I had emailed about volunteering to go to Niger in November and December of last year. I sent out 34 individual emails, these did not include online requests or emails to missionary organizations. I had 62 rejection emails from November to December of 2009. Here is a brief catch up time line :)


Later December of 2009 - I found out that SIM would not send me unless Mike was deployed...by that time, I was discouraged, depressed and feeling as if perhaps I should just give up.

January 17th, 2010 - I laid all my anger, resentment and hurt out to God during a church altar call. After I got up from the altar, a Pastor confirmed that God was hearing my prayers. I didn't feel so helpless anymore. The next night at a 24/7 altar call God confirmed to me that he was preparing someone to receive me...but who?

February 2, 2010 - Discovered a student mission site that despite all my past attempts with searching for mission trips to Niger, Africa, I never found them until today...

February 18, 2010 - My cousin calls me out of the blue and says she is in Andalusia. She is traveling with a group of children from Uganda, Africa. I spent the evening with her and she encouraged me through her testimony and her faith. I was able to spend some time with the kids from Uganda and it was just beyond words. That night I received an email from a missionary in Niger.

March 3, 2010 - More emails continue with the missionary from Niger...I turned in my notice at the hospital this week stepping out in faith...I received an unexpected check in the mail that afternoon.

March 5, 2010 - Discouraged by the non-support of the people I would think would support me the most to go witness in a foreign land.

March 14, 2010 - Confirmation during revival................

March 15, 2010 - My new preceptor for RN.....She has been to Africa 2x's on mission trips and is going to Africa in April......She was "randomly" assigned to me.....but wait found out that she was not suppose to be with me that the names got messed up....ha ha.....Divine intervention I think so!

March 17, 2010 - Last day of work at Andalusia Regional Hospital...went to revival and when I got home, I had this email...

To: Stacey Frank

Project #: 101763

Country: NIGER

You have been requested by IMB field personnel to fill a position on the above project.

March 18, 2010 - Praying and seeking God's face...and waiting which I have learned how to do increasingly well :)

April 8, 2010 - All my reference have been received at IMB and I received an email saying I have to wait 7 days to know if the board accepted me....

April 13, 2010 – I checked my email before class this morning and I have an acceptance letter from IMB for Niger, Africa….Hallelujah! BUT on the way to class at 7:45am I was thinking about all that I had to do and God spoke to me and said “Do not plan”……WHAT?.......Ok I accepted that and started praying knowing something was about to happen….I found out what it was when I got home the date wasn’t right on the application…I emailed my missionary contact in Niger and it doesn’t appear that I am going to be able to go to Niger on June 17th because the missionaries I am going to be working with are going to be in the US…….went straight out to my meadow and began praying and seeking God’s face…..no answer to my prayers…

April 14, 2010….Went to church and God gave me peace but not an answer……I slept for all of 20 minutes and woke up to a dream I could not wake up from even though I was already awake!! It was so real like I could reach out and touch it…..it was about Niger and a small child sitting in my lap asking for my help and a tall black man with a scar on his left check that started at his lip and went to the middle of his face……I am amazed at how detailed this dream was!!! Prayed about emailing the missionaries back and felt peace so emailed about how important the date was for me to be there on June 17…

April 15, 2010…..Received an email back that the missionaries would pray about the date this weekend and would let me know Tuesday……more waiting and unknowing….I think God definitely has a sense of humor because I must look pretty funny from worry from heaven……..have I not learned to trust in God completely…yes but the human side still doubts….just call me Thomas

April 17, 2010…..Psalms is a comfort to my weakened state…..David trusted God and prayed daily to know his path………….

April 19, 2010…..Nervous…I know it is from the devil….Seeking God’s will for my life and not my own…..I am reassured by the Bible verses I have read this past week that come to my mind when I become worried…..During my Bible reading tonight I was led to these verses….Isaiah 43:5, Matthew 24:44, Matthew 10:26, Micah 7:7, Psalms 90:12, Job 4:5, Psalms 37:4-5, and Psalms 37:7-8….my answer to my prayers is to trust in God and wait….whatever happens tomorrow it is God’s will for my life and I will go in the path I am told to go by God.

UPDATE............
April 20, 2010…..watched most of the day for the email and didn’t see it. So finally went outside and played with my new puppies….checked back at 6:15p.m. and I had the email….said a quick prayer and opened it…..Another missionary team volunteered to pick me up from the airport and I can be in Niger on June 17…..also some how despite the fact I was not suppose to be approved God stamped his approval on my application and it “slipped by”……Ok got my letter, got my date, got the 9 months, and got the country…looks like I got my calling God told me about back in October of 2009…PRAISE THE LORD I could never have managed to work this out NO WAY!!!!Now to start trusting God for the monthly money I need which is around $1,000 a month but I know he will supply all my needs because look at what he has already done for me..........Wow…overwhelmed with praises and tears……Thank you God for leading me please continue to show me the correct path….kill my doubts and strengthen my faith…..WOW WOW WOW…..PRAISE THE LORD OH MY SOUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh