Niamey, Niger

I leave tomorrow for the clinic in Kollo for one week. I will be training the nurses at this clinic and going around to feeding station (seven totally) with my director. Please pray for me for wisdom and patience while training the nurses. I have learned a few words in Zarma and a few French words but not enough to communicate enough without a translator that thankfully knows some English.

I have been spending a majority of my time with the Sustars. They are an awesome family and I am blessed to have them with me during my pre-orientation. My orientation won’t officially start till the first week of July and I will also be taking a language crash course then. Mrs. Cindy cooks amazing and has been cooking most of my meals for me  She has also been great about taking me around to the markets and helping me learn where everything is in Niamey. I will be teaching an ESL class for her while she is in the USA. Her family is leaving tomorrow for a 3 week vacation to the states so that’s why I am heading to Kollo for a week and then going with the Bolls for awhile to the bush.

Today I went and bought hair extensions at the market due to the fact it will be hard to train nurses to use sterile technique if I keep pushing my hair out of my face. It is 107* right now and it is humid and 10:45 at night. Niamey is 6 hours ahead of Alabama time! But anyways, I know look like the dreadlock German guy in the French restaurant from the Matrix 2. 

I have many amazing opportunities ahead of me. I can keep helping out in the clinic after this next week, I can be a nurse at the Academy and teach the children computers, and I can possible help out with children activities and keep helping with ESL. Please pray God will lead me where I need to go.

As of today a majority of my money for this trip has been paid for as well as all of my plane ticket, travel insurance, immunizations, and visa. Thank everyone who has donated to this mission trip and made this possible  God is awesome and he has worked everything out for me – I just had to trust him.

Pictures here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=452417&id=752780444&l=9cf4ed6d3d

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=450194&id=752780444&l=8e6fb8d344




Prayer Requests:

Pray for wisdom and patience while training nurses in Kollo

Pray I learn Zarma and French quickly and without much difficulty

Pray God will lead me to the place and opportunity that he would have me go.

Pray for my family back home in the States

Pray for the Sustars as they travel back home

Pray for the Cains as their daughter has back surgery on July 8th

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh