July 30, 2010

Hey Everyone :)

This month has been interesting. I left Niamey on July 12th and didn't return until July 22nd. Jordan and I went to live with some other missionaries in Oallum (which is about 2 hrs north of Niamey). While I was there I learned alot about the village and the people of the village. I had a hard time during my time in Oallum and had to seek God in order to know how to handle a particular situation. The other thing God told me was "humble". Humility is something I am not good at, I take pride in my work and I work hard in order to do a good job. I found I Peter helps alot with how to learn humility and also talks about being proud of trials in our christian walk. I love that book.

When Jordan and I returned to Niamey we met our future supervisors the Sustars (which I had already met during my 1st week in Niamey) and had a team meeting to discuss lots of things and different ministry options for Jordan and me. On July 26th I went to Sahel Academy and spoke with the principal and a board member about possibly helping out with the computers and nursing at the school. I was hired at the end of the interview and I am now School Nurse and IT administrator for Sahel Academy :) They stated that I was an answer to their prayers and this job is definately an answer to my prayers about what I need to do while I am in Niger. Both of these are what I have done before and the pay is great = FREE. I love the pay because I am working for the LORD and not for people and that is the best pay ever! I like having the LORD as my boss it makes you work in a different light and purpose.

I have already starting working on the network at Sahel and have some more tiny things to get ready before school starts in August. I ask for your prayers and that God will continue to lead and guide me. I pray GOD's will and not mine own. God Bless and Thank you for your prayers :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh