Fossils - May 14, 2019

This week in school we are doing science experiments on fossils. It has been fun and a learning experience even for me. Btw if using plaster of Paris do NOT half way submerge the object you are molding, otherwise you will become a real paleontologist and have to dig it out. But of course I look at everything as a potential Biblical learning experiment.

Dinosaurs roamed the earth years ago but  they weren't admired or wanted. They were feared and unwanted. It wasn't until their death and many many years later that they are now admired and desired by thousands of kids everywhere. That mean T-Rex is my son's favorite. Those tiny lil arms make it look ridiculous to me but they are super cool to him. My son talks nonstop about dinosaurs. I wonder if they were around now, would He admire them? No, probably not.

Spiritually, we are all dinosaurs roaming the earth. We are all the norm right now. Some of us stand out, others hide in fear, and others just are fighting to survive. We may feel alone and unappreciated. We may feel hurt and drive others away. We may feel anger and want to destroy everything around us. We may just be doing nothing but barely living in a crazy world. We are here now. How are you living your life for Christ? Just like the dinosaurs we will die, our flesh will go away, some bones will be left and become fossilized. But stop thinking physically. God wants us to surrender to Him and die to ourselves so we can live in Him alone. Lay down your flesh, bury your sins, let Him do a work in your life, nobody else may see what is at work beneath the surface. But that is ok. This is about you and Him, not anybody else. God may have you working hard in ministry, and He may have you growing and changing while away from everything. But you know what? When it is in His time, He will bring you back to where He wants you. He will bring that new creature to life. Pride comes before the fall. Don't fall because of your own doing. Stop comparing yourself to this world and trying to be the best Pastor, best P&W leader, best Sunday School teacher, best small group leader, best mom, best dad, and best everything else. Stop comparing your worth to others and be the best that Jesus designed you to be. You are not forgotten, He is preparing you. Learn, prepare and get ready for where He is about to unleash your potential in His kingdom. Surrender your pride and grow in Christ. Be prepared to rise up and go where and when He calls you. And also be prepared to lie down and rest for awhile. It is His will not our own. His spotlight, not ours. His architect design not our crayon scribbling. Trust in His love for you. Trust and Wait. He left the 99 to find the one. You are not forgotten just transforming. Dinosaurs couldnt be discovered if they never died. Lazarus wouldn't have been a miracle if He had never died. Miracles come in the waiting. Rest in His peace :)

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV
For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. [14] And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. [15] Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Ezekiel 37:1-14 KJV
The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord , and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones, [2] And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry. [3] And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God , thou knowest. [4] Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord . [5] Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: [6] And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord . [7] So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone. [8] And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them. [9] Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God ; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live. [10] So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army. [11] Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. [12] Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God ; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. [13] And ye shall know that I am the Lord , when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, [14] And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it , and performed it , saith the Lord .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh