Cockaburrs - May 15, 2019


If you are from the South you know how annoying it is to be walking around a field and all the sudden be engulfed by cockaburrs. They latch on tight and hurt to remove but if you leave them in, it hurts worse. You have to take a little pain to get the true issue resolved.
Sin is like a cockaburr. You can be walking in your spiritual life and then all the sudden find yourself ensnared. The devil is good at disguises. That pretty field of worldly things is deceitful. It has tons of cockaburrs that latch on to your feet or helm of your garment. Last I checked in the Bible, if you are going to latch onto a helm, it had better be the helm of Jesus garment. The Bible says in 

Psalm 18:3-9,18
I will call upon the Lord , who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. [4] The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. [5] The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me. [6] In my distress I called upon the Lord , and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. [7] Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth. [8] There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it. [9] He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet. [18] They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the Lord was my stay.


The devil is under the feet, not on top, not attached above but UNDER His feet. Sin and temptation are already UNDER HIS feet so why are you playing in its fields and getting it all over you. STOP FALLING IN LOVE WITH THE FIELDS OF SIN AND PUT IT UNDER YOUR FEET THROUGH JESUS AND FALL IN LOVE WITH YOUR SAVIOR JESUS! When you follow sin, you are getting off the bright path and following an imitation of light. The imitation of light will go out and you will be left in the dark and alone with no hope. You can continue in your sin or at that moment you can cry out and repent and be rescued by the only true light JESUS. He isn't going to leave you alone, he wont turn his back on you, and He will always be with you but NOT in your sin. Light and darkness can't go together because light consumes darkness. Walk with Jesus in peace not with the devil in temporary fake feelings of earthly emotions.
If you are ensnared with sin, just like the cockaburr, it is not going to be pleasant to remove yourself from sinful situations. You will lose friends, maybe family, hurt people's feelings, get ridiculed, you may have to completely remove yourself from that lifestyle. But isn't Jesus worth it? A favorite Pastor of mine said "What can make me give up Jesus? Nothing".

Just how much does Jesus mean to you? Less than that sin you are engulfed in?


Dear Jesus,
Please help us always stay close to your side. Help us stay humble so we don't think we are too good to fall into sin. Help us cry out to you and repent when we fall. Help us run to you with our all. In Jesus Name Amen


Thanks for reading, Stacey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh