Is it really a sin? - May 13, 2019

Along long time ago, I used to think I was a pretty good person. I would look around at the people I was in church with and see what they were doing and think I was ok. I didn't blah blah blah (fill in the blanks with all the things you don't do).  I was blinded to the fact even one sin can cause separation between me and Christ.  One sin can cause me to fall far away and lose Jesus. We all need to stop looking at the ones around us and comparing ourselves to them and their lifestyles. In Heaven there is no comparison of lifestyles, it is your lifestyle, sins, and choices that you will answer for and be held accountable.  Lately, I realize how bad pride is of all the multitude of sins. A silent deadly killer. Worse than any of the other things that I used to consider "bad". Pride is one of Satan's greatest weapons.

Have any of you watched the Incredible 2 movies? Well you know when the bad girl puts glasses on the superheroes in the movie and they turned into basically zombies, that is what Satan does with us and sin. He disguises it, puts his glasses on you, makes you think it is OK or question if it really is a sin and then leads you where He wants you to go, to your spiritual death and sometimes physical. Can I tell you a secret? If you have to ask yourself if something is really a sin, then it is. Either you know and are trying to find excuses to continue in your  lifestyle of sin or you just want to pretend you don't know. Read the Bible it outlines everything for you. It is our spiritual road map to where we are and where we are going. When you are going on a road trip, do you not take cash for gas? Do you not check your oil and tire pressure? Do you not look at a map to see where to go? Do you not spend extra money for roadside assistance?  No, of course you do those things and prepare for your trip, even if it is going to only be a few minutes or hours. People today want to be so prepared for life that they even buy life insurance to take care of people/stuff after they are gone. But I have to wonder, are people preparing for their spiritual lives as much as they do their physical  If you do all of this for your physical life, why wouldn't you prepare for the life that matters? The life that stays after this body dies? The life where you will live in either heaven or hell ? Do you have spiritual life insurance in Jesus? Repent of all your sins. The little ones, and the one you question. Prepare for Heaven, read the Bible, seek a relationship with the one who created you and pray to Jesus. Jesus will never leave you or forsake you, in this world or in eternity. He is always there!

I originally started out with a totally different plan of what to write on but like always as my fingers start typing I was lead somewhere else totally different. Maybe tomorrow I will write that, we will see where God leads me. Until then please pray for our country, our Pastors, and our friends. Everyone sins, lets pray they are convicted and ourselves also. 

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall

God is good, and all the time God is good!


John 4:10
Jesus answered and said unto her,If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to 
thee, Give me to drinkthou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee 
living water.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh