Run - July 23, 2019

Ok, so if you are an animal lover do not read this post.

I had an armadillo that I saw in the yard a few months ago, needless to say I ran after it but didn't catch it, although I don't know what I would have done if I did catch it. Anyways, an armadillo decided to dig a hole by my moms porch steps, not good right? So thanks to a nice couple Jim & Peg, I was able to borrow a live trap and put it out, to try to catch it. Now my grandmother told me that armadillo's can't survive in the heat, so if I caught it in the am, that it would die in the trap. I put the trap out that night and sometime the next day while at church I caught the armadillo. I came home, checked the trap and I remembered my grandmother's saying, he looked dead I mean his tongue was hanging out. Great now I don't have to kill it, so I move the trap, that thing comes alive and goes cray cray. I scream like a 14 yr old girl and needless to say it wasn't very "hunter like". So I take it out back by the woods, it is still in the trap, open the trap but does it run out? Nope, it stays to the back. (Side note: Armadillo's carry Leprosy aka Hansen's disease and according to the CDC there has been one confirmed case of Leprosy in my county because the man touched an armadillo he killed, seriously. ) So I am like I am not touching this thing, I am holding the shotgun, trying to get it to run away and it is not running, finally I tap the trap and it runs out and go straight to Armadillo heaven. Whats the point?

Spiritual: The devil is laying traps all around where you are at in your life. You may walk into it unsuspecting. Or you make walk into it with your eyes wide open just like that armadillo. Jesus is the only person who can set you free from the trap you are ensnared in but do you truly want to be set free or do you love your sin more? Is the way there for you to escape and you are just staying in the trap? If you are set free from the trap, are you running away from it and not going back? Or are you going back to see if it wasn't really that bad? Which will get yourself further entrapped worse than the first time. Sin = bondage & death
Flee from sin, and don't fall for anymore of the devil traps. Be watchful, and pray.

1 Peter 5:8 - Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:


2 Peter - The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: 10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. 11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord. 12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; 13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you; 14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children: 15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; 16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.
17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever. 18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. 20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh