Happy Birthday Daddy!

Happy Birthday to my Daddy! I love you and hope you have a blessed day!

Sunday morning, I woke up with the homesick feeling. It comes and goes but it has been awhile since I’ve had it. I just prayed to God and realized I had to keep my eyes on Jesus and reminded myself what my purpose is here in Niger. The feelings passed and I started getting ready for church at Hosanna. During the worship service I was standing up and noticed some movement on my right side. Three children were standing to the right of me (two of them were around 7-8 yrs old and the other one less than 2 yrs). I shook hands with all of them and then reached down to the little girl to see if she would let me hold her. She did and when I picked her up - she just hugged me. It was precious and amazing. I held her during the song service. When it was time to go to Children’s church and I tried to give her to her sister she just hung onto me so she ended up staying with me. She fell asleep hugging me and slept in my lap during church. After church her sister came back and took her and left. I asked a few people who the girl was or who her mother was but no one knew. One person told me sometimes the children just walk to church by themselves. It is sad but a blessing that the children would willingly come to church by themselves. I am just thankful that God sent that precious little girl to me so that I could feel loved on a Sunday morning during church :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh