Praise Report - 9/25/10

This past week I’ve been amazingly blessed. The only thing that comes to my mind is the childhood song I use to sing “Trust and obey for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey”. God’s timing is flawless and perfect. I watched Facing the Giants for the very first time recently. I know this movie is a few years old but I believe it was the perfect time in my life for me to watch this movie while here in Niger. It was encouraging. The movie theme was total surrender to God. Once both people totally surrendered to Jesus Christ then look at all the miracles that God performed. God can work miracles when we submit to HIS will. Another movie that I can’t get out of my head is Faith like Potatoes (go ahead and laugh Julie and Holli) this movie encouraged me and made me realize how important it is to press through and have faith when everyone else doubts what will happen or doubts you. Am I crazy to think that God planned for me to watch both of these movies in the time in my life when I needed them? I think not. I know Jesus Christ can work through an object, thing or person he so chooses to use. I’m humbly thankful that he chose to use me to come to Niger.

Let me give Jesus so praise and acknowledgement! He has worked some miracles in my life!

First Solved Situation = Transportation. Since I’ve been in Niger I’ve had to wait on my supervisors or a friend to pick me up in their vehicle and take me everywhere. Everywhere = grocery shopping, school, church, and anywhere else needed to go. This was a humbling experience because I don’t like asking for help but was forced to ask for help to get daily needs. I sold my car right before I left for Niger. I loved my car but realized it was just a worldly object and I needed the money for my trip to Niger. I remember standing on Sean and Liz Ezell’s porch and watching my lil car driving off with someone else and the feeling of sadness but knowing I was doing the right thing. Well this past week after praying that God would send me a ride so I wouldn’t have to keep depending on everyone to take me everywhere. I was blessed with a motorcycle and it is better than my car  I have two friends at the school that helped me out tremendously with the buying, registering and transporting of the motorcycle to my house. I can’t thank Betsy and Amber enough for all their help – I appreciate it! I am so blessed that God sent me so many good friends in Niger. So I now own a nifty, sporty little Savvy X100 to drive around Niamey. I have never ridden (except around a parking lot for fun) or drove a motorcycle before I arrived in Niger. Friday was the first time I’ve ever driven a motorcycle on a road and with traffic so I was a little nervous. I left school early to avoid the traffic (the Muslims have rest time from 2-4 every day) and said a prayer for my safety. (I could hear all those voices of my Maw Maw, Dad, Mom, and sisters in my head saying “You are crazy to be driving that thing and be careful and don’t do anything stupid”. Then I heard my husband’s voice saying “You go girl, you got this.” Good thing I know all those people huh?) Anyways I thanked God as soon as soon as I reached my door for making it home safely. It was an amazing ride and I could definitely see myself driving a motorcycle full time in the future in the US. This morning, I got up and went immediately out for a ride. My destination was to a Yamaha store to buy a helmet. However traffic was pretty heavy so I turned off on a side street before I arrived there. The side street took me to the Petit Marche (not fun to drive in) so I decided to start over again. I tried again to reach my destination but ended up on a side road that eventually led me to the Kollo road which was totally the wrong way. So I ended up driving near the airport just for fun  By the time I got back home around 12 I had driven close to 70km on my motorcycle just in a little more than 2 hours. That evening around 6pm I decided to try again for the Yamaha store and discovered that I had turned off only one road too soon or I would have made it there. Moral of this story: When life starts pushing in all around you, don’t give up and take another path, keep pushing forward to the path you were intended for. Anyways I did end up buying a very good – protection for Stacey’s brains – helmet and drive home safely too. So I thank God for my new transportation, helmet and for all the help from my new friends here in Niamey.

Second solved situation= Internet. When I moved to my new apartment I lost access to the internet. An earthly situation that I shouldn’t get upset about yes this is true but at the same time I’m separated from my husband for 9 months and we need to talk. Not to mention my family doesn’t have any way to communicate with me except via internet or Skype. My only options were a) go to the American Rec Center or b) go to the gate with the mosquitoes and talk to my family. After having malaria the last option didn’t seem that reasonable but I decided to give it a try and was rewarded with 6 mosquito bites despite my “OFF” fumigation. I have callback on my phone but it doesn’t work in my apartment because of poor service and outside it isn’t much better. So after about a week of not talking to my family or husband - my husband sends me this very “frank” email about either moving or going to stay at a hotel the rest of my time so I could have internet so we could communicate. My supervisors had offered the use of their internet but due to the time zone I can’t call people in the States till around 9 or 10 at night so that wasn’t really an option. I prayed about this situation and told Mike that I felt like it would work itself out and that this was just the devil trying to discourage us. Well shortly after that I had a friend come up to me and Praise the Lord I have internet now!  that’s all I can say about that so sorry no details. This friend also helped me out by getting my international driving license picked up from the airport this week. She has been such a blessing to me and I pray God will reward her and all my friends for helping me out while I’m here in Niger.

I just want to thank everyone for their prayers for me during this time here in Niger and thanks for all of your support! Remember nothing is impossible with God by your side! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh