A New Africa? No, just a new place

It is has been 5 years since I first left for Niger. Not a day goes by that I don't miss being there, being used by God, being in a ministry, being a nurse to a hurt child or an adult, shining the light of God to the lost or encouraging others on the field. I always felt like I would be back in Niger by now full time but here I am in the USA....distraught and disheartened, I became angry because I wasn't there. Since May (when I got very sick) I have experienced a lot of changes, heartaches, and moments of wondering, God where are you? I questioned alot of things. One thing I did know was not to give up and desert God. Just because he wasn't in front of me didn't mean he wasn't there. You know where he was? Behind me on my path, Jesus was standing there in front of the anger, bitterness and unforgiveness. You see Jesus won't be in a place that harbors these emotions, they aren't from him. He is still there but when you take on these emotions you are putting your eyes on yourself and your feelings and not on Him. So seek Him and don't stray.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh