The Wolf in the Darkness - February 13, 2018

This past Saturday night, I was in the bed, my three oldest children surrounding both sides and my feet, and my baby beside me in her bed. I had been reading the Bible on my phone with my lights on but then decided to turned over, switch the light off and lay on my left side. A few minutes later I felt something huge on my face, flicked it off, jumped out of bed and turned on the lights. Nothing, there was nothing...but you know what a spider feels like when it crawls on you and you also know the size...I'm not scared of spiders thank God but I had to find this spider. Because (1) I didn't know what kind it was (2) my 4 kids didn't need to get bit (3) It had crawled on my face (4) I wouldn't sleep till it was dead. So I started praying, God please help me find this thing, they move quick and my walls, floor, and ceiling are all made out of dark wood so it would be hard to see it. I pulled back the covers for the second time and there is was....I took the only thing I had right there, my phone and started beating the crap out of it....all the while the Bible verses still up on the screen. Finally it died, it took a couple of hits due to the soft mattress and comforter, but it laid dead on my comforter.....one leg less, and surrounded by my four sleeping kids. Who were oblivious to the fact of what had just happened. Naturally I looked up what kind of spider it was....It is a wolf spider.....they come out at dark.... Then it dawned on me.....


So many times in our spiritual lives, we are walking down the path, everything gets dark looking, there is no hope it seems and that is when Satan attacks. In war, when does the enemy attack? When it is dark or when you are heavily wounded. Satan is our enemy. He comes to kill, steal and destroy (John 10:10). He attacks our physical bodies, and attacks us mentally by placing destructive and harmful words in our mind, hatred and bitterness in our hearts, and anger in our life. He will do anything to destroy you. He wants us alienated from people, hurt and angry. He wants us alone by ourselves, why? Because as one, we are weaker and he can destroy us.  Don't allow Satan to manipulate you. Ask Jesus to come heal your pain and restore your peace. I shared this at Bible study tonight. In a 5k race, you aren't the only one running in the race. There are other runners, and I don't know about you, but for me if I keep my eyes on the one in front of me, it helps me keep going...I can't let them out of my site. They are inwardly motivating me to finish the race. That is what fellow Christians are here to do, to motivate us on the race we are running in spiritual. To encourage us, not tear us down. To lift us up and pray for us. To keep us going, no matter how hard it gets and how tired we are. We have to finish God's will for our lives. 

Verse Concepts
Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.
Verse Concepts
It was because of a revelation that I went up; and I submitted to them the gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but I did so in private to those who were of reputation, for fear that I might be running, or had run, in vain.
Verse Concepts
You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth?
Verse Concepts
holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain.
Verse Concepts
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Verse Concepts
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
Verse Concepts
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith;
Verse Concepts
in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.
Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.
Verse Concepts
fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

John 10:12

But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

Wolves come out at night, and try to kill, steal and destroy. God is our shepherd and we are His sheep. We need Him to protect us. We can't protect ourselves. We aren't in control and we are in denial if we think we are in control of our life.   How to withstand the enemy’s attacks? By prayer, and reading the word of God. Just like I beat that spider with my “Bible” we have to beat Satan’s attack by reading the scriptures and prayer. Don’t let the wolf attack you. Don’t think it won’t happen because it will. Don’t give up on God. What a sad, hopeless and lonely ending to your race if it is without Christ. Repent, confess your sins to Jesus and then trust Him.


Proverbs 3:5-7

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
Dear Jesus,
I ask that you we realize we aren't in control of our lives. Please forgive us of our sins. We need a perfect Saviour to save us from our sins and we ask you to come fill our hearts and our lives with your Holy Spirit. We ask that you lead, and guide us to where you would have us to be in this life. Help us reflect you in everything that we are doing and not hinder anyone from you. Help our own lives be so transparent that we are like glass. When the sun shines through it only produces light, and nothing else. Help us live for you despite pressures from the world. Help us love you with our whole hearts and help us resist peer pressure from this world. Help us realize that you are constant and we can trust you. Help us know you are our Saviour that we can't save ourselves. Help us cling to you in our dark times, help us praise you in the good times and the bad times. Help us Lord Jesus. Help us be all that you have called us to be.


In Jesus Name,


Amen



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh