6/14/19 - Your kids follow you

Dad or Mom, have you ever wondered what you look like or sound like on a daily basis? Look no further than the small cling-on, on your leg. Or as my mom used to say you are like a wart on my butt, get off me. Haha, in her defense she also raised 4 kids the ages of 5yr and under. My mom homeschooled us and she rocked it. Anyways, back to now, today my darling oldest daughter (by a min) said guys, what is this mess? I'm working my tail off and yall are making a bigger mess. I looked at her and her little hand was on her hip, and she had my eye piercing look. She looked like she could take on the world. And I wondered is this how they see me? I've been struggling with parenting girls. I'm not a girly girl and I have little girls that have lots of drama. The 6 year olds have to know everything before they want to move and my 2yr old is starting terrible two fits. Sometimes chaos isn't even the word to sum up moments at my house. My little boy just wants to go full blast and run into walls or climb and jump off the highest point. I am blessed to be living life to the fullest. But what are your children seeing you do daily? Are you representing Jesus or just another hypocrite that they won't respect or listen to later in their life?

What you are doing in your life right now is not hidden from your children. They see and hear everything. Would you want your child burdened with the same sin you are entertaining? Do you want them to experience the same pain and hurt of a sin, by following in your footsteps? Stop now, repent and be the hero your kids deserve in their lives. Heroes fight for what is right, heroes lead others even when its hard and heroes show others the way to go. Be a Jesus hero. Shine Jesus to your children daily. Be the same at church and at home. Lead your children to Jesus not to Satan.

Proverbs 22:6 KJV
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh