6/15/19 - Soldier

So my kids love The Nutcracker and The Fourth Realm, they love to sing and dance. But one place of the movie really got me thinking. When the villianess said "The soldiers will respond exactly how I tell them". She used fake tin toy soldiers and didnt use real men soldiers. They were like the tinman on The Wizard of Oz, no heart but just walking through this life until they were rusted from this world.

God needs Soldiers in His Army but they have to give Him their whole heart and follow Him. Otherwise they are following whoever makes them feel alive at the moment. They follow their desires and not what God wants. They become rusted, useless and lost on their path. Satan is rejoicing at their ineffectiveness in God's army. He has rendered them useless. Lord Willing, they will repent and seek God and the Holy Spirit will fill and anoint their lives so they can live again. What kind of soldier are you? The one who will follow your King despite the circumstances? Or the one who goes off and follows whatever makes him feel alive for the moment? Are you a soldier or a tin man without a heart?

Psalm 7:9-10 KJV
Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins. [10] My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart.

Psalm 27:7-14 KJV
Hear, O Lord , when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. [8] When thou saidst , Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord , will I seek. [9] Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation. [10] When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up. [11] Teach me thy way, O Lord , and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies. [12] Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. [13] I had fainted , unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. [14] Wait on the Lord : be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh