12/ 13/19 - The Gym

I joined a gym and received a free trainer session with it. To be honest, I love my kids but I just need some quiet me time and the gym has childcare and a sauna ;) Back to the story

Trainer guy: how active are you?
Me: I walk about 10,000 steps a day, i chase 4 kids and I like to do just dance on my wii
Trainer guy: do you lift weights?
Me: I have 4 kids
Trainer guy: ok lets get started.
Me: *sculpt dont let me down....i might be about to die, God forgive me of any known or unknown sins please*
Trainer guy: let's start with 3 min of rowing and legs
Me: *yes I love leg work out*, im not gonna die* 3 min done
Trainer guy: Ok lets do some squats and lunge. 10 minutes later, how you doing?
Me: great I have strong legs, my arms are wussy.
Trainer guy: ok, well then lets move to arms
Me: *what the crap did i just do*
Trainer guy: pull this down, do 10 reps and hold the number you do.
Me: 3 reps in *my tricep is about to snap in half and hit him in the eye*
Trainer guy: you are almost there, then helps me pull one time
Me: see wussy
Trainer guy: you gotta build it up, its ok. You are doing great
Me: *liar*
Trainer guy: now see this rope, i want you to stretch it out, squat and hold it and flick it in the air from one end all the way to the other side for 30 reps
Me: *this is crazy, i use these ropes to tie music stuff, these things are heavy as crap and he wants me to act like im riding a horse and flick the reins. Im gonna look a idiot up in here but onward chauncey*
After like 30 times, he says good lets go again. At this point I'm jelly legs and cant see because im determined not to pass out on my 1st training session. Im tough right? Nope, 10 reps left.
Me: sorry dude im done. The battle rope did me in.
Trainer guy: thats ok, you did great and i would love to train you, you are determined.
me: ok thanks im going to sauna, appreciate it.

Moral of the story: Know your weakness and strengthen it. How's your spiritual armor? Is your shield of faith small or growing? Is it well used or dusty? Is your belt of truth clean or corrupt by wordly lies? Can you even find your sword or helmet? The devil knows your weakness, stand firm, get spiritual strong by praying, reading the Bible and listening to God. Go get your ALL your armor on, and fight. Persevere until the end. Dont let the rope of sin's bondage wear you out and take you out of the battle. My friends I don't want to see any more friends stumble, fall and not get back up again. Come on!  Please take the sword of God, cut the devils bonds off you and get back up.

Ephesians 6:10-18 King James Version (KJV)
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh