Encouragement in a different world

August 10, 2010

Today is a new day, praise the Lord! Encouragement floods through my soul and mind. I took my eyes off the Lord for one moment and suddenly the flesh took off and my emotions were depression and feelings of uselessness. My husband was quick to point out that I wasn’t trusting God completely. This of course made me bristle but after listening to him I realized he was correct. (I admit you were right Mike) and I realize I was trying to figure out my purpose here instead of trusting in God that he is leading me to the place he has prepared for me. I worked on my lessons plans with new gusto today realizing since it is the only main job I have here I would do it to the very best ability that I could. Jordan had mentioned prayer walking night before last and then last night on the phone Mike mentioned it to so after talking to Jordan we decided to do it this afternoon.
With a good chance of rain, the weather unusually cool and armored with Christ we both begin doing something we have never done. Prayerwalking. At first we began by praying in her heads but after a few minutes we began realizing that wasn’t working for either of us because our thoughts got distracted. So we began to pray out loud it seemed kind of weird and strange at first but with each step our prayers and confidence grew and before long I felt the spirit of the Lord was with us. We went down streets we had never been on before and just prayed for the people on the streets, houses and the people who passed us. Jordan had said before we left that she wanted to find some kids and play with them but where we live at we haven’t seen any kids playing….well after awhile walking and praying we turned left past a millet farm and voila…there is a whole group of kids playing with a small ball. At first they looked at us and didn’t act like they knew what to do with us but before long we began tossing the ball way up in the air and they began laughing and playing with us….Jordan and I were playing with some Niger children that God had led us to and we both felt complete excited and happiness. While we were there playing there was one child on the ground so Jordan walked up to him and we discovered that he had a headache so we both prayed for him. Shortly afterwards he began playing with us as we played with the rest of the kids. We stayed for a short time with the kids but during that short time I felt alive. Then on the way back to the guesthouse we kept praying and we passed by a woman we said “Fofo” to her and she replied back “Hello”….She spoke English!! She is from Ghana and she is here till August 27th. She wants to go to dinner with us sometime this week so pray that God would reveal himself to her please. God is awesome and we started out just walking on dirt roads but before long God led us to our heart’s desire and where we could be effective in his kingdom. We are going back to the children tomorrow Lord willing so pray that we can plant seeds in each one of their tiny hearts and that Christ will water those seeds.
Father God, I come to you today your humble servant. I thank you for being able to walk, speak and show your love to others today. Please help me remember that life is but a vapor and that each day is a new day to witness to the lost and show your light to others. Please help me stay humble and weak so that you might be my strong tower and my place of refuge. God we thank you for everything you have done for us today and are going to do for us tomorrow. We thank you for the people we have met today and the people we will meet tomorrow. We thank you for the opportunities you have given us and ask forgiveness for the opportunities that we have not taken. God lead us to the cross and help us daily kill our fleshly thoughts so that our minds can be set on you. In Jesus Name, Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh