I feel God gave this to me but I don't know for who so I can only pray!

Running from God
As I look back on my life I see many failures that could have been prevented, many times I should have said no and then I wouldn’t have gotten mad at myself later for not standing up for myself, and many times in the past I ran from God….what Ran from God? Why would anyone do that?

Simple it seems easier. It is easier in a sense that the devil leaves you alone, you have no trials and you think you run your own life. Eventually the farther and harder you run from God the more life begins to seems pointless, the more depressed you feel and the more trapped you become with worldly things. Pretty soon you look around and wish you could go back to the way things were before but have no clue how to get back to that place. Where was that place? It was in the will of God, and the path God has laid out before you. How do you get back there? You get on your knees and with everything inside of you, you ask Jesus Christ for forgiveness, repent/confess all of your black and dirty sins and then start over from that moment and don’t look back at the world.

Will it be easy at first? No, because you have to get away from the things of the world that you once loved, you have to get away from those worldly friends that brought you down, you have to learn how to say no and stand by it. You have to not care what people think of you and know that Jesus Christ is more important. You trust in God and keep your eyes on your Father and he will reach down and comfort you and give you a peace beyond all earthly understanding. People will talk about you, people will judge you, people will throw past mistakes back in your face but that is the world. Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins. And when you repent and truly repent from your heart then you are forgiven. The world will not want you to be different. Why? Because it causes them to look at their lives. They are lost, lonely and trying to be self-reliant and control their life. You cause them to realize they are not perfect, not happy and they will hate you for messing up their perfect little world. That’s ok; in the end when you stand before your heavenly Father will you say I walked away from the world toward Christ or that you couldn’t stand not being part of the world? Each one of us has this untamed wild side in us, some of us enjoy the wild feeling of freedom that comes from doing something crazy and sometimes just plain stupid. That little thrill from doing something sneaky or crazy (using a chainsaw when I’m not supposed to, driving 120 mph when it is illegal, etc). Each time that wild feeling of freedom comes up inside of me I have to remember it is fake, it is not real, and it will probably get me in trouble or hurt. The anticipation of it is fun, but the after effects are not. Thankfully God has not given us any temptation that we cannot handle and has given us a way to escape it. Just call of Jesus when you are feeling tempted or want to be part of the world. There is power in the name of JESUS CHRIST.

How do you know if you are running from God? Most people who are running from God are in complete denial that they are running from God. They stay super busy so that they don’t have to look, examine or feel anything in their life. They stay in the “party” theme and the “crazy” mode because it makes them forget how truly upset they are with their life. They hang out with large groups of people because chances are these people are trying to forget about their problems too and nothing has to be dealt with, everyone gets drunk and has a good time and nobody has to deal with the fact their life is nothing without Jesus. When it finally gets to be too much, occasionally they will cry alone at night and just wish for something more than what their life is doing. They want to be different but they are so emotionally drained from having run from their past till the future seems hopeless. This is the time to reach out to these people and not judge them. This is the time to go to them and love them and lead them back to Jesus. Show them love, not judgment. Show them understanding not pushing them back to the world. Gently lead them back to the Shepherd. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you…..but also be honest and truthful with them and don’t hide for fear that showing them Jesus will make them mad at you. Chances are they will get mad at you because they will be convicted but just pray for God’s timing and not your own. Pray God will show you what to say in the right moment if anything at all.

Galatians 6: 1-3 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

So will you run from your calling, and what God has for you? Or will you turn your back on true peace, happiness and love and try to keep controlling your own life…..notice the word “try”……Here are some scriptures below that will help with dealing with the world and when you just don’t fit in:

John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. {reproved: or, discovered}

John 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

John 12:25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

John 15:19 - If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.


The Anointing and sweet spirit of God is so much better than any worldly thrill. This is I will promise you. I have been in a number of different trials since arriving in Africa, at times I just sat down and cried. I was emotionally and spiritually drained but after seeking God’s face and knowing I was doing what Jesus Christ called me to do, the trial was over and I was spiritually stronger than I was before the trial. I am walking in the path God had laid out for me, and I have a burning desire to “seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me” (John 5:30). Because you see when my worldly possessions break, fade away or when I die the only thing that matters in my Father in heaven, My Jesus, My Savior, My Comforter, My Healer, My Best Friend, and My Shepherd.

More information about running from God- http://www.preacherscorner.org/fellows6.htm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh