Things I have learned while in Niger

My time in Niger has been a spiritual journey that I can't even begin to explain to the human mind but I am going to try. This trip has involved many "firsts" for my life. First: I have begun to see the Bible in a whole different light, and I crave God's word now on a whole different level. I'm spiritually hungry for my daily Bible reading, time, and the verses I have read before take on a completely different outlook and meaning to me now. Other “firsts” are that this trip is my first time overseas, and the first time I have not lived within a few miles of family. It has been an amazing time. I realize I'm not alone but have found my best friend Jesus Christ, and he does stick closer than a brother. He gives me peace that no one else can give, he gives me hope, he gives me laughter I can't contain and he gives me the strength to continue when the world begins to pull me down. It is so amazing how much easier it is when you have JESUS by your side, trust him completely, and depend on him. I find myself amazed by just how much I can do with Jesus leading me. During my short debriefing with my supervisors I explained that I have also discovered how to love Jesus Christ on a different level. I've been married for 8 years and I've never loved Jesus with my whole heart as many single Christians do because as the Bible says in 1 Corinthians 7:34 –“There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.” I love my husband with everything inside of me and I have moved GOD over to love Michael, which I needed to have learned how to love both. I'm thankful I have a God fearing husband who trusts me enough to let me leave the country for 9 months because he knows God has a greater plan for our lives in the future and wouldn't do anything to tear us apart. I love my husband with my whole heart but since I have had to rely on GOD completely while I'm here it has also allowed me to fall in love with Jesus more and it is an amazing awesome love. I prayed two weeks ago this prayer - God I know you as my Savior, my helper, my friend, my Shepherd but God help me fall more in love with you. And shortly after that, I began to experience that loving commitment - and I don't think if I was in the US, I would have ever experienced it. So I am thankful for that beyond words :) If you don't know Jesus Christ as your best friend, Savior, Comforter or Shepherd I encourage you to seek JESUS out because it says in the Bible in Deuteronomy 4:29 "But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.". Therefore, Seek the LORD and you will find him. And your world will never be the same again - PRAISE THE LORD :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh