Daily Devotional - Proverbs

So I finished reading the entire book of Psalms last month and moved on to Proverbs. I felt this was what I needed to read next. However, during the first few chapters I just was feeling drained because I had to think so much about what Solomon was writing but I kept reading and also began reading in Genesis to have some "easier" reading. Anyways last night I got to Proverbs 12 and understanding dawned on me without having to cross reference and look at my Matthew Henry concordance. Verses 4, 15, 19 and 25 really hit me because they were for me. Small analogy here……sometimes we have to press on through something that doesn’t make sense in order to get the bigger picture in life. Sometimes it doesn’t make sense but in the end it will “click” to reveal a greater plan than you can ever image. God knows our thoughts and our hearts and has prepared the path for us to walk….just my thoughts :)

Verse 4 - A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.....every action I do reflects back on my husband, every past action reflects on him, every future action reflects on him too.....I don't want my husband to be ashamed of any of my actions, so how do you keep your spouse from being ashamed of you? You follow JESUS CHRIST fully and completely and he will lead you in the perfect path and while you are walking in that perfect path your spouse is walking beside you (spiritually -if they are listening to GOD) and together you are walking toward the path to Heaven. Therefore there should be nothing to be ashamed of :)

Verse 15 - The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.....first off I must apologize to every single person in my life for always thinking I'm right and never being able to admit when I am wrong. This mission trip has taught me how to be humble. I am a very prideful person. I take pride in my work and try the absolute best I can. I have learned to still try my best in my work but sometimes it isn't the "right or best" way for the other person. Therefore I had to admit I'm not perfect and I need input from others. So I no longer wish to be a fool and never admitting I'm wrong but to announce to the world "Stacey Frank is a sinner saved by grace, who is NOT perfect and apologizes for the times she thought she was, and ask for forgiveness. I pray for humbleness daily".

Verse 19 - The lips of truth shall be established for ever: but a lying tongue is but for a moment.....hrmmm...how much in the past has it been easier to just tell the truth but not the whole truth. To be mischievous and run from the total and whole truth just to save yourself? Well I've done that many times, I told enough of the truth to not be convicted (too badly!) and feel like it was ok. Well it isn't ok. Lying is a sin and one lie leads to another and to another and then where are you? In moments that are full of lies. You are in a lying atmosphere that you can't get out of and the only hope is to ask for forgiveness of the people involved and most of all your Savior. So if you tell the truth the first time it will be established forever :) One note on this is if you know someone is lying about you and spreading lies about you, you can look the other way and realize that sooner or later the truth that lasts forever will come out. Aren't we glad for forgiveness and repentance?

Verse 25 - Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad......When someone is low and sad...why don't you offer them the good word of Christ. Encouragement is something I have found I needed more than anything while I'm in Niger and it is something that has been rarely offered here. But do you know what? That was my fault for looking to others for encouragement instead of looking towards JESUS CHRIST and the word of God for encouragement...so next time you are discouraged search the word of GOD and receive your good word. Next time you see someone discouraged then offer them Godly counsel....never ever say anything that doesn't go with God's word because you may have encouraged that person to make an ungodly decision. Can you live with that? Both of you may regret that decision later in life. SEEK GOD for every answer and he will hear your cry and answer you...maybe not in your time but in his PERFECT time :)

Thoughts/Comments Come On :) God Bless from rainy Niger! Stacey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh