02/12/2020 - Everglades

Today was an adventure. We started with my kids excitedly jumping up and down because we were going to a mom's Bible study. Afterwards, completely random we decided to go see mike and drive to our favorite park. So we jump on interstate, find and surprise daddy, kiss daddy bye and drive onward. We had a blast eating coconuts (not me), jackfruit, and bananas and then decide to go back "home" by way of the beautiful swamp. Oh but wait the sun is setting and I need a picture. Snap the picture is taken, and I drive about 10ft and my tire air pressure light goes on. Like a good retired mechanic's wife, I pull over, open my door and hear hissssssss. *Snake!!!!! wait no it's just the tire* I look in disbelief as my tire is deflating and now I'm stuck with 4 kids in the swamp and its getting dark. Ok I will just change my tire, and I will try to not think about a 20ft python or alligator coming out of the water to eat me. Maybe I can fight it off with this tire rod and jack. Am I the only one that thinks like this? Anyways back to the hissy tire, the lug nuts = no budgy. Those guys at the mechanic shop used the impact gun and the lug nuts werent coming off. But wait, a park ranger pulls up, and I rush to the truck, thinking a nice man is going to help me but nope its a woman park ranger. She tries the lug nuts, then disappears and reappears with a battery operated impact gun (my kinda woman) and within 30 minutes we had changed the tire and I was back on the road heading towards Mike. Are there times in your life where your plans were changed? Like a flat tire, something unexpected happened to you in a place that left you vulnerable and uneasy? Do you want to know how to feel safe despite your circumstances? Who do you trust to deliver you?
God is the only one you can trust and rely on and not be disappointed. Humans will fall short everytime. We were never designed to be put on pedestals, the only one lifted up should be God. God has already given you everything you need everyday. He knew I needed to pull in for a picture so that a park ranger would have an impact gun to help me change my tire. God will supply what you need you just have to trust Him. So who do you trust? The one who created your world or people or things that didn't.
Psalm 62:5-8 KJV
My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. [6] He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. [7] In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. [8] Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh