02/10/2020 - Stuck?

While in the S. Alabama flood last week  I was backing up in a yard, in my truck, when I sunk into mud. Stuck worse than a pig in a mudhole. Mud and trail riding with Michael Frank for almost 20 years has taught me how to get unstuck in almost every situation. So I stopped trying to get out, went and got boards, put them up under the tires and had family members jump up and down in the back of truck bed. I moved a little but not enough for "the boss aka bertha" to move. The Boss was stuck, my beast of an awesome truck weighed too much to get out of the mud. The rain was still falling and I still hadclose to a 4hr drive to go that day. My mother in law went down and got her Tahoe that she has had forever. I think it has over 300,000 miles, and its worn out but still going. In my mind, I'm thinking there is no way I am getting out of this mud without a 4x4 drive. . I hook the tahoe up to the boss, and when the signal is given, she moves forward and I start trying to go. After pulling for a few minutes, I feel it. That feeling of getting unstuck, adrenaline surges and i push that gas pedal and lurch out of that nasty mire. Like Mel Gibson says " Freeeeeeedoooooom!". I go forward and don't go back.
Anybody ever feel stuck? You have goals, dreams or plans and something happens and you get stuck in something that you never intended to be in? There is a way out.
We can't get unstuck ourselves, our own actions put us there but there is help in Jesus name! Jesus is our Father and our Father cares for his children and when we cry out to him, He comes to our rescue. He never lets us stay stuck. He sends people our way who can help us. Listen to your elders, just like that old tahoe with tons of miles, it had what my stuck truck needed knowledge, experience and strength. Your elders have all three things listed above, they can help you because they have been there before and got out. Listen to Godly counsel, and if you doubt their advise look in the Bible. Good counsel should never go against the word of God.
Are you tired of being stuck? Stop trying your way, call for help, pray and listen and when you are free, dont look or go back but push towards the path God has laid out for your life.
Freedom starts with surrendering your ways to Him!
Psalm 69:5,7,13-18 KJV
O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee. [7] Because for thy sake I have borne reproach; shame hath covered my face. [13] But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O Lord, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation. [14] Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters. [15] Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me. [16] Hear me, O Lord ; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies. [17] And hide not thy face from thy servant; for I am in trouble: hear me speedily. [18] Draw nigh unto my soul, and redeem it: deliver me because of mine enemies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh