1/25/2020 - Bread

Yall, I love bread. I'm like that guy on Forest Gump about shrimp. Cornbread, Pain au chocolat, buttered croissants, buttermilk biscuits and Belgium waffles. Bread, bread and bread
Ahhh anybody else thinking about breakfast now? When I lived in Niger, I had to learn how to cook from scratch. The missionary kids knew more than I did. Some of them cooking outstanding delicious homemade pizzas at young ages. But made from scratch takes time right? You have to wait for the yeast to rise, then prepare the dough for baking and wait for the raw to cook. I lost patience and had people who love me send me care packages of Bisquick. But fake stuff isnt as good as the real thing. Easier isnt the best.
Spiritually we have to start from scratch. We need Christ as our foundation, he adds the fruits of the Spirit to us, and then we have to wait and get ready for His timing. When we go through trials it shapes and forms us. Just like in the oven, the dough takes form and starts rising. Spiritually we do the same. The hardest times in life are shaping us. If you are wondering why God isnt using you, maybe its because you are still rising for the right time.
Would you eat raw dough or wait for the finally yummy hot buttered result? Yeah the yummy one. Stop trying to bypass Gods plan and expect to get better results. Trust His plan. Trust His timing. Trust God.
Jeremiah 29:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh