4/27/2020 - Emotional Healing

This has truly been a year of change for me. I have willingly allowed myself to uncover suppressed past memories and deal with them. I have gone back to writing and I truly love to sing just completely alone, with nobody listening but God. I sing to speak life and encourage myself, I don't need others opinions of what to do, I don't want others words that don't mean anything to me, I need to sing for me and for what God has done and will do in my life. Life is so precious, memories can haunt you, encourage you or propel you, but they will change you. Temporary fixes won't heal deep wounds. They need in-depth surgery to correct the main issue. Time doesn't heal, it just covers up the pain, but one word or memory can bring it back fresh and it hurts all over again with anger mixed in. It never heals until you deal with it. Praise God for being the Great Physician and our healer. Not just physically but emotionally and spiritually. He is the one I cling to, He is the one I sing for, He is the one I reach for in the midst of it all, He is my foundation. In Christ, I am healed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh