1/20/2020 - Green Hair

So as many of you know, I made a last minute decision to dye my hair green for Christmas. I didn't tell anyone...I was doing it mainly for the surprise factor but maybe I didnt tell because I didnt want to get rationally talked out of it. I went to Walmart looked for 30 minutes and finally decided on Splat! Emerald Green. If I would have noticed a label on the box it might have stopped me but I didnt (rebellious color!). Best thing about this hair dye? It washes out in 8-10 washes. Thats easy I take like 2 showers a day or more and so in a week its gone right? I put the bleach on it, beautiful white blonde forms then I put on the green goop. Christmas comes, I'm festive. New Years is coming and I'm still green, so Mike takes a hair dye brush and paints this brown black dye on my head, 2 boxes of it. No green right? Wrong!!! Now I have a grayish brownish weird color. Ughhh!!!! Ok so I wait a few more weeks, it has to wash out right and go back to normal right? January 18th came and I have green hair and its shining through the brown. That is it, I have had enough! I gotta preach Sunday and I will be filmed while preaching and I will not be known as the weird green haired girl. Off to the salon I went thinking easy fix right? Hairstylist puts the stripper on it, green doesnt budge. She says I cant bleach it back blonde or it will break off, the bleach you used, destroyed parts of your hair. She puts some rr something color on it, half is colored brown but half my hair shines green. 2 more dyes and 3 hours later. I have a dark brown but no green. YES! But no more blonde till my hair grows out in like 2 years. I cant fix what i broke  I dont even recognize myself in the mirror. How could one decision effect me for 2 years? It was suppose to be quick and simple but turned into a very costly, time consuming decision and I cant fix it or go back for awhile....
If we would only think about our decisions and ponder their effects on our lives, wouldnt it save all of us and others heartache? Your decisions don't just effect your life but others around you. How many times has a sin that was suppose to be harmless little thing turned into a hurricane of a mess? One lie turned into so many lies to cover up the original lie that you dont even know what the truth is anymore? How many times was that one drink to relax turned into 1, 2, 3 drinks every night? How many times has taking one drug escalated to many drugs just to get the same high? How many times has one more time turned into a loved ones, last time? How much did it cost you?
The Bible in Romans 3:23 days- for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. We fall short of God's glory by sinning. Sin separates us from God. In your sin, you have became your own god. You idolized something until you couldnt stop thinking about it, it consumed your mind, actions, and day. It became a stronghold. Everything revolved around what you shouldnt do, until you did it. Maybe afterwards you felt horrible, cried and asked God for forgiveness. Maybe you didn't and rebelled further in your sin. Either way you entered into a place of brokenness. Brokenness can't be healed, without Jesus. Repent of your sin. Repent means change, turn from your sins. Not go in a 360 right back to it. The Holy Spirit in us, helps us to change. When you become a child of God, the Holy Spirit resides in you. Dont let sin create a broken relationship to the One who loved you so much He sent His only son to die for your sins. He loves you so much and He created you! And if you think you are hopeless and cant stop, and you have tried over and over again? There is hope. If you need help with your addiction, reach out, dont hide it, there are people around to help you fight and conquer it.
Did my green hair make me happy? Yeah but it was temporary. The happiness went away. I am now restored to normal hair color but I cant go back to the way I was before I chose a bad decision....
Prodigal son or daughter, stop running. Stop trying to put sunglasses on opened eyes. The truth will set you free! Go back to where you lost your way and then run back to God. Dont let sin propel you into a broken life.
Psalm 30:2-12 KJV
O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. [3] O Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. [4] Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. [5] For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. [6] And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved. [7] Lord, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled. [8] I cried to thee, O Lord ; and unto the Lord I made supplication. [9] What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth? [10] Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me: Lord, be thou my helper. [11] Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; [12] To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on my Health

Discouragement in a different world

Debridement of the Flesh